CAUSE AND GOAL OF THE ‘MOUNTAIN, I LOVE YOU!’ CAMPAIGN
‘Mountain, I Love You!’ is Natural Explorers’ main project and its cause is to create a strong and permanent relationship between children and youths and the mountains; to acquaint them – to help young people find a new, inspiring, wise and eternal friend, and to help the mountains find the next generation of mountaineers and guardians.
OUR GOAL IS
to reach young people aged 9-14 who have never met the mountains and take them there – people who: have never been to the mountains; have never slept in a tent in mountain conditions; have never hiked in the mountains; haven’t seen the horizon from the top of a peak – or those children and teenagers who do not have access to the mountains for various reasons:
- lack of financial means
- lack of family members experienced in mountaineering
- lack of the confidence and skills (in children and parents) that are needed to stay in the mountain
- lack of appropriate equipment and time…
WHY ARE DOING THIS?
Children and youths who grow up in an urban environment (and not only) don’t have an easy access to nature and gradually get estranged from it, and this has a negative impact on their development and our society. We believe in the benefits from a nourishing relationship with nature – it helps us to:
- have better health – physical, mental and emotional
- develop a self-awareness (realise our needs, attitudes, expectations and potential)
- respect and take care of ourselves and nature
- improve our interactions with others – in the family, in small communities and in society.